With the support of the Grand-Est Region
The International Wildlife and Nature Photo Festival has always attached great importance to environmental issues and sustainable development. AFPAN « l’Or Vert » renews its commitment for a more sustainable event.
Sustainable communication supports
- Environmentally responsible communication : certified paper, electronic media.
- Promoting public transport.
- Promoting car-sharing.
- Shuttles and a tourist train are available to travel to each venue.
- Installation of LED lights on the exhibitions.
- Saving energy year round : switching off appliances after use, choosing energy-saving appliances, and no use of unnecessary electronic equipment.
- A food venue at Chapiteau with an environmentally responsible caterer.
- Local producers market and organic vegetable soups (with wooden cutlery).
- Environmentally responsible sourcing of food and merchandizing.
- Improving waste recycling before, during and after the Festival, sorting waste thanks to appropriate recycling bins and volunteers dedicated to its supervision.
- Keeping the venues clean, avoiding litter pollution.
- Minimizing waste: reuse the equipment (dishes, glasses, stands, signage…).
- Minimizing use of disposable products.
Public awareness campaign
- Increasing the exhibitors, volunteers, partners and the public’s awareness of environmental issues.
- Raising schoolchildren’s awareness through a specially designed programme.
- Getting involved and developing an eco-citizenship initiative by reporting on our actions for sustainable development.
- Working with local companies to minimize the effects of transport.